This is a “First” !!! The live broadcast will be shown on the jumbotron that usually serves as a scoreboard during a game. The Captioning will be showing right up there on the jumbotron!!!!!! You’ll be able to see it from any seat in the stadium or in the outfield (where many people sit to watch the show). Gates at the Nationals Stadium will open at 5 p.m. for pre-broadcast activities which will also be captioned. And … it is all FREE… so bring the whole FAMILY!!!!
Celebrate the fifth year of free live opera broadcasts at the ballpark with Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II’s American masterpiece Show Boat on Saturday, May 18 at 7 p.m. Gates open at 5 p.m.
Arrive early to Nationals Park to enjoy entertainment and activities including:
- Dance demonstrations by Gottaswing
- A meet and greet with M&M’S® Ms. Brown
- Photo opportunities for kids of all ages with the living statue of Babe Ruth (back by popular demand!)
- A special costume trunk where kids can play dress up using a wide variety of costumes and accessories
- Face painting by theatrical makeup artists
- A screening of the Warner Bros. cartoon “What’s Opera, Doc?,” starring Bugs Bunny and his nemesis Elmer Fudd
- Chances to win prizes, including tickets to Kennedy Center performances
- And more!
M&M’S® Opera in the Outfield will take place rain or shine!
Register in advance for M&M’S® Opera in the Outfield for a chance to win a Night at the Kennedy Center!* The winner will receive two Orchestra seats to the opening night performance of The Force of Destiny on October 12, 2013, two free drinks from the Kennedy Center lobby bars, and admission for two to the post-performance Opening Night Celebration for The Force of Destiny. Registration closes May 14, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, so register today for your chance to win!*
For more information on the giveaway, please visit the M&M’S® Opera in the Outfield Registration Giveaway Official Rules page. By entering the giveaway you agree that you have reviewed the full contest rules and agree to be bound by all terms and conditions.
Have a group of 10 or more? Call our Group Sales office at (202) 416-8400 to arrange for a reserved seating section at the stadium! Limited complimentary bus parking may be available for larger sized groups.
M&M’S® Opera in the Outfield is free and open to the public; registration is not required for admission. Seating in the stands will be available for walk-ins at the event. See below for information on outfield seating.
Special picnic baskets are available through pre-sale for M&M’S® Opera in the Outfield. To place your order, please complete this form and return by Friday, May 10, 2013.
Seating in the Outfield
Due to the popularity of M&M’S® Opera in the Outfield, patrons wishing to sit in the outfield will be required to pick up a wristband when they enter Nationals Park. The wristbands will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and will be distributed at a table to the left of Center Field Plaza when the gates open at 5 p.m.
- Wristbands are free and the only way to gain access to outfield seating
- Wristbands will be distributed at a table to the left of Center Field Plaza near the Family Picnic Area (at sections 141-143). There will be signs to guide you to the table and to the field entrances.
- Distribution of wristbands will begin promptly at 5 p.m. when the park gates open.
- Seating is limited, so the wristbands will be handed out on a first-come, first-served basis. You must be present to receive a wristband; one (1) wristband per person.
- Once all of the available wristbands have been claimed, an announcement will be made over the stadium sound system and field access will be closed to those without a wristband.
Free seating will be available in the stands throughout the evening. Only outfield seating requires a wristband.
For additional information about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please visit the Nationals’ website or contact the Kennedy Center’s Accessibility Office at 202-416-8727 (voice) or .